All Laborers Locals in Washington
Northern Idaho District Council
Re: Instructor Position at the Kingston Training Site
Northwest Laborers-Employers Training Trust Fund is seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual to join our staff as Pipe Laying/Grade Checking Instructor.
Qualified individuals must possess substantial experience in one or all of the following:
• Pipe Installations (Potable Water, Storm, Sanitary Sewer, etc.)
• Grade Checking (Roadways, Parking Lots, Slopes, etc.)
• GPS (Preferred, but not required)
Position Title: Pipe Laying – Grade Checking Instructor
Summary: NWLETT is seeking an individual to teach skills and safety training as it applies to the pipe and utility installation and elevation control/grade checking industry.
The individual should be proficient in computer skills, possess effective verbal communication skills, and have a working knowledge of pipe and utility installations and roadway construction.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 3 or more years of experience in Pipe Laying or Grade Checking (GPS is a plus)
• 10 years as a journey-level Construction Craft Laborer, or
• Completed the CCL Apprenticeship + 5 years journey-level experience
• Lead position or Foreman experience preferred
• Valid Driver’s License (CDL is a plus)/Clean Driving Record
• Proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination
• Facilitate effective training utilizing various training methods and materials
• Maintain and update curriculum for industry advancements, updated regulations, and relevancy
• Represent NWLETT in a professional manner as defined by the Training Director
• Assist in the continuous development of modern and relevant learning activities
• Monitor trainees to ensure a thorough comprehension of information as well as proctoring written test and practical performance evaluations
• Coordinate and conduct basic and advanced technical training for apprentices and journey-level workers
• Effectively communicate specific information to construction, managerial, safety, and regulatory personnel
*Salary starts at $108,433/yr.*
Interested parties can mail their résumé to:
Northwest Laborers-Employers Training Trust
Attn.: Brandon Jordan, Training Director
Résumés will be accepted until May 19, 2023.
*Please include work references