Child Care Assistance for Registered Apprentices
Effective immediately, we will be utilizing the Washington State Labor & Industries Grant funds to create a Child Care Assistance Scholarship for our Washington state registered apprentices. To qualify for the assistance, apprentices must meet the following requirements:
- The apprentice must show proof that they utilized the Day Care facility during the dates they attended required RSI training.
- The Day Care facility must be licensed by the state of Washington.
- Each apprentice who qualifies for the assistance will be awarded $205 per week of their required RSI training. (Training outside of required RSI will not qualify.)
- The Apprentice must complete the required RSI course that they are scheduled for, or the funds will not be awarded. Partial awards will not be allowed.
- If an apprentice receives $600 or more, including travel pay, in the calendar year, they will be required to fill out a W-4 form; NWLETT will issue a 1099 form.
Contact your Apprenticeship Coordinator for the required forms to complete or for more information.
The Child Care Assistance Scholarship will be awarded until June 30, 2023 or until funds are depleted, whichever occurs first.